Benefits of the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Most precise and sensitive digital PCR solution for a wide variety of applications
- Flexible digital PCR chemistry — optimized for TaqMan Hydrolysis Probe and EvaGreen Assays
- Flexible assay setup — scalable for high sensitivity or high throughput
- Simple and easy-to-use workflow with 96-sample throughput
- Droplet partitioning by the QX200 Droplet Digital technology reduces bias from amplification efficiency and PCR inhibitors
- Convenient assay design — standard curves are not required
Applications of the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Cancer biomarker studies and copy number variation
Measure varying degrees of cancer mutations, detect rare DNA target copies, and resolve copy number variation states with superior sensitivity and resolution. PrimePCR™ ddPCR Assays are now available for mutation and copy number detection. These are predesigned, wet-lab validated assays.
- Pathogen detection
Employ the extreme precision of the QX200 System to quantify small fold changes in target DNA or RNA molecules in pathogen detection and monitoring.
- Next generation sequencing
Perform accurate quantification and qualification of NGS libraries without the use of a standard curve.
- Gene expression analysis
Achieve reliable and reproducible measurements of small fold changes for low abundance of mRNA and miRNA.
- Environmental monitoring
Test a wide variety of environmental samples like soil and water using the QX200 System.
- Food testing
Perform routine evaluation of genetically modified organisms (GMO) using validated ddPCR methods.
Droplet Digital PCR Technology and Workflow
The QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System consists of two instruments, the QX200 Droplet Generator and the QX200 Droplet Reader, and their associated consumables.
The QX200 Droplet Generator is used to partition ddPCR reaction mix into thousands of nanoliter-sized droplets. After PCR on a thermal cycler, droplets from each sample are analyzed individually on the QX200 Droplet Reader. Droplets are read well by well as they are streamed single file past a two-color optical detection system in a serial manner. Up to 96 samples can be processed per run. The PCR-positive and PCR-negative droplets are counted to provide absolute quantification of target DNA in digital form. Alternatively, amplified products can be extracted from droplets following PCR for downstream applications, such as sequencing or cloning.
Click Here to Learn More About Targeted Gene