Open Text Corporation, a global leader in Enterprise Content Management (ECM), recently released its 2010 product roadmap for Web content management (WCM), digital asset management (DAM) and social media solutions at Content World, the company's annual user conference underway this week in Orlando, Fla. The plans include how the company will further develop solutions from both Open Text and recently acquired Vignette, as well as plans for next generation Web solutions.
As this painful recession continues, organizations will look for opportunities to grow while controlling costs. Many organizations have realized the Web has become the most critical channel to engage customers, partners and employees, helping organizations achieve growth while bringing significant efficiencies and cost savings.
"The expectations for the Web have evolved," said Scott Bowen, Senior Vice President at Open Text. "A successful Enterprise 2.0 strategy must consider social media, mobile devices, brand consistency - all while managing massive amounts of content in a range of formats. Medium and large enterprises must learn to do this effectively and securely, while meeting compliance and privacy requirements. We're helping customers bridge the divide, combining new technology to extend their ECM solutions in new and more powerful ways. The plans we're unveiling this week demonstrate a comprehensive set of new capabilities, all integrated as part of the Open Text ECM Suite."
Open Text's new product plans deliver significant enhancements in user experience, allowing more people to interact, manage and publish content in all its forms, increasing productivity and streamlining processes, plus adding innovative social media capabilities. Enhanced integration with the Open Text ECM Suite deepens broader ECM integration, making a number of scenarios possible including:
- Integrating the traditional intranet with a social knowledge management Enterprise 2.0 solution for increased productivity.
- Improved efficiencies through consolidated and localized multi-site global Web solutions.
- Increased revenue and profitability by driving conversions and advocacy through more social, personal and engaging Web channels.
- Improved customer satisfaction and loyalty, plus driving cost savings, with automated surfacing of customer or partner information via a Web service portal.
- New ways of interacting with employees, customers and partners by fostering communities that produce innovation, loyalty, knowledge sharing and engagement.
- Greater brand control, and ensuring rich media captured via the Web is managed centrally and in ways that are efficient, secure and compliant
Web Content Management
- Vignette Content Management 8.0 will be released this quarter, delivering on many customer requests and market innovations. A new user interface will empower business users to contribute, review, edit, manage and publish web content, relieving IT of day-to-day Web responsibilities. Additional enhancements in content models, publishing and many other areas raise the bar for advanced and fully dynamic enterprise scale Web Content Management and Web Content Delivery. Version 8.1, coming in Q2 2010, will see Vignette Content Management become part of the Open Text ECM Suite, serving as the foundation for highly dynamic and interactive web applications.
- Open Text Web Solutions 10.1, planned for the first half of 2010, will deliver comprehensive social media offerings utilizing the market leading Vignette Community Applications and Services as part of a seamless solution, while furthering the integrations with core Open Text ECM Suite capabilities. Open Text Web Solutions will continue to see increased investment specifically in areas that take advantage of utilizing shared services in the Web Solutions portfolio such as search, video delivery, social media, digital asset management and document management integrations. Open Text reiterated its long term commitment to the Web Solutions product line and will continue to position the product for quick-to-deploy Web site management use cases.
- After the successful launch of Open Text's Portal Manager 9.0 for SAP NetWeaver Portal, Open Text will deliver further enhancements of this product during the first quarter of 2010. With this offering, dynamic content as well as dynamic navigation structures can be easily managed and merged into the portal structure by non-technical business experts just by clicking editing buttons and making inline changes. Open Text will be adding delivery of social media capabilities to NetWeaver portal with the next release of this offering.
- Open Text also plans a next-generation Web Business Application, targeted for 2012, which will build upon the strengths of the highly scalable Vignette Content Management foundation and add the legendary ease-of-use application framework of Open Text Web Solutions. Areas of development include enhanced content modeling and templating, richer in-context editing for non-technical users and faster Web site deployment, all within the context of a productized offering. This initiative gives Open Text a platform to address highly varying requirements within one suite based offering, broadening the scope of its ECM suite to address all WCM use case scenarios.
Digital Asset Management
- Open Text will launch Media Management 7.0 in Q1 2010 featuring a completely new user interface that leverages the latest Web design technologies to provide an immersive experience in rich media management. Media Management 7.0 will feature flexible metadata and asset management capabilities, along with process management and workflow capabilities delivered through Open Text ECM Suite technology. .
- Vignette Community Applications 8.0, to be released in Q1 2010, will include innovative features in a flexible and powerful platform that can socially enable interactions with customers, partners and employees. Version 8.0 will build on existing community capabilities like idea management, blogs, wikis and forums to deliver social networking, advanced notifications, integration with multiple presentation systems, REST API enhancements and deep integration with Open Text content management solutions.
- Open Text will build on the successful launch of its social media solutions in first half of 2010 with the introduction of Open Text Social Media 1.1. The application will include deeper integration with the ECM Suite, a new wiki editor and a quick messaging feature that combines the convenience of instant messaging with the flexibility of microblogging.
Open Text's Content World Conference is focused on helping customers capitalize on their content, with distinguished speakers, more than 125 sessions on ECM best practices, emerging trends and technical expertise, and in-depth networking. For more information on Content World, go to: http://www.opentext.com/contentworld/2009/
About Open Text
Open Text, an enterprise software company and leader in enterprise content management, helps organizations manage and gain the true value of their business content. Open Text brings two decades of expertise supporting 50 million users in 114 countries. Working with our customers and partners, we bring together leading Content Experts to help organizations capture and preserve corporate memory, increase brand equity, automate processes, mitigate risk, manage compliance and improve competitiveness. For more information, visit www.opentext.com.
SOURCE: Open Text