BigID And MongoDB Deliver Scalable Data Intelligence For Enterprise Data In The Cloud
The strategic partnership reduces risk for cloud native tools and enables joint customers to achieve compliance and protect their sensitive data.
New York, NY (PRWEB) - BigID, the leader in data discovery and intelligence for privacy, protection and perspective, today announced a partnership with MongoDB, the leading, modern, general purpose database platform.
Modern approaches to solving data privacy, data protection and data governance challenges rely on innovative technologies. The BigID and MongoDB partnership brings customers a seamless integration to discovering and cataloging sensitive data in MongoDB, while leveraging a modern general purpose database for BigID’s platform.
With this partnership, BigID extends deep data insight for optimized MongoDB solutions: joint customers can automatically find, classify, and catalog their sensitive and personal data across their MongoDB applications - and across their data landscape.
- Discovery in Depth: BigID finds, catalogs, and classifies all sensitive data in MongoDB and adds insight and analysis about the data for context and understanding
- Unified View: BigID inventories and maps related data between data in MongoDB and data that lives in other sources across the data environment
- Targeted Action: The BigID Platform includes an application framework of privacy, security, and governance apps to take action on data in MongoDB for end-to-end data lifecycle management.
BigID also utilizes MongoDB as the data store that powers the BigID platform. Customers can now leverage MongoDB Atlas and MongoDB Enterprise Advanced for simplified, secure and enterprise-grade management of their MongoDB instances that underpin the platform.
Together, MongoDB and BigID reduce risk for cloud-native tools, enabling organizations to manage and process their sensitive and personal data at scale to accommodate complex enterprise environments. BigID leverages MongoDB as part of the BigID platform to:
- Scale Up and Out: With MongoDB, BigID can scan petabytes of data and scale out to accommodate data growth
- No Data Movement or Copying: MongoDB’s document-based structure facilitates BigID’s unique data intelligence without having to store or move sensitive and personal data
- Deployment Flexibility: MongoDB’s support for distributed architectures and multiple deployment options – including Kubernetes -- ensures BigID is easy to install and manage even in complex environments
- Cloud Platform Support: As AWS, GCP and Azure are embraced by even the most risk-averse enterprises, BigID customers can leverage cloud native tools like MongoDB Atlas to address the transition and reduce operational overhead.
“Our strategic partnership with BigID will allow our customers to meet their enterprise data requirements and leverage MongoDB Atlas or MongoDB Enterprise Advanced. BigID’s approach to data privacy, security, and governance is innovative and we’re excited to support our joint customers.” said Sarah Branfman, VP, Partners at MongoDB.
“We’re thrilled to partner with MongoDB and offer our joint customers more powerful solutions to manage, protect, and scale their data.” said Will Murphy, VP, Business Development & Alliances at BigID. “MongoDB’s scalability, flexibility, and modern architecture combined with BigID’s data intelligence platform empowers customers to more easily manage their sensitive and personal data across complex data environments.”
To learn more about our joint solution, view our blog post here.
Based in New York, BigID uses advanced machine learning and identity intelligence to help enterprises better protect their customer and employee data at petabyte scale. Using BigID, enterprises can better safeguard and assure the privacy of their most sensitive data, reducing breach risk and enabling compliance with emerging data protection regulations like the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Privacy Act. BigID has raised $146 million in funding since its founding in 2016 and has been recognized for its privacy innovation as the 2018 RSA Conference Innovation Sandbox winner, a CB Insights 2018 Cyber Defender, Network Products Guide 2018 IT World Awards “Hot Company of the Year” winner, a 2019 InformationWeek Vendor to Watch, a 2019 Business Insider enterprise vendor “to bet your career on,” and a 2019 World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer. Learn more at http://bigid.com or visit us at http://bigid.com/demo to schedule a demo.
MongoDB is the leading modern, general purpose database platform, designed to unleash the power of software and data for developers and the applications they build. Headquartered in New York, MongoDB has more than 22,600 customers in over 100 countries. The MongoDB database platform has been downloaded over 130 million times and there have been more than one million MongoDB University registrations.
View original release here: Model.Doc.OriginalUrl