Added .NET API Enhances Versatility and Ease of Use
Laguna Niguel, CA (PRWEB) - ActivePDF, a global leader in award-winning PDF automation software, recently announced major enhancements to their DocSight OCR product. This update to ActivePDF’s premier optical character recognition (OCR) tool, provides organizations expanded ability to convert files into searchable and editable text PDF with ease, speed and accuracy.
DocSight OCR 2017 R2.0 includes the addition of a .NET API. Developers can embed access to DocSight OCR inside their Microsoft® Windows server.NET applications. Easy installation allows businesses to get up and running quickly with accurate and secure OCR functionality. DocSight OCR 2017 R2.0 gives users and developers the option to run OCR through the .NET API, networked Watched Folders or a REST API.
“In today’s competitive market, organizations are seeking a solution that not only provides quality OCR, but improves overall productivity,” says Tim Sullivan, CEO and Chief Architect at ActivePDF. “DocSight OCR 2017 R2.0 is a dynamic solution with a full-range of OCR functionality that easily integrates into a variety of platforms. ActivePDF continues to explore advances in OCR and integration with our other products to provide more solutions and flexibility to our customers. We’re extremely proud to roll out this next phase of DocSight OCR.”
DocSight OCR 2017 R2.0 includes:
- NET API – Allows developers to easily embed access to the DocSight OCR server within their working applications. Designed for ease of use and code re-use, the new API works with any language supported by the .NET runtime.
- REST API – From network-hosted to cloud-based applications, DocSight OCR enables document submission from virtually any platform that supports REST calls.
- Searchable OCR – Convert image files into searchable text and metadata.
- Full OCR – Capture and convert files into text over image formats giving WYSIWYG results.
- Enhanced Installation – “Out of the box” easy installation including launching the DocSight OCR Licensor upon install completion.
- Watch Folder Interface – Utilizing drag-and-drop processing, individual folders can be configured for specific scenarios, providing more granular control over document processing settings.
- Multi-lingual – Support for over 120 languages – including Arabic, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean, Thai, and Vietnamese.
Pricing and Availability
DocSight OCR is available starting at $1,999. The product is offered direct through ActivePDF and their corporate partners. For additional information on features, visit ActivePDF OCR Release Notes.
Founded 2000, ActivePDF Inc., is privately held and is a global provider of PDF tools for integration within virtually any business process, including Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Document Management, and Workflow solutions. The ActivePDF suite is designed to streamline large volumes of rendering and assembly of content into accurate, secure and accessible PDFs. We serve over 25,000 customers from 90 countries in numerous industries including: Healthcare, Financial, Education, Manufacturing, Utilities, Engineering, Legal and Government. For more company information, visit ActivePDF at Activepdf.com.
For additional information or to set up an interview contact:
Patricia La Bella, Marketing Manager
ACTIVEPDF and the ActivePDF Logo are registered trademarks of ActivePDF, Inc. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.