ACOM Solutions, Inc. has released Version 3.4.0 of its EZContentManager web-based document management solution featuring a number of enhancements intended to streamline the user experience and provide faster, more convenient task execution, it was announced recently by Mark Firmin, vice president of marketing and product management.
"The ability to consolidate corporate files of all types in a single SQL data repository and to access, use and manage any file with only a browser introduces major productivity benefits to any business organization," Firmin said. "Emulating basic web operations, EZContentManager requires little user training. Centrally administered, it is secured based on rights/privileges at the user/group level and it automates most document storage and retrieval functions while facilitating activities ranging from the customer help desk to collaborative planning and document development."
"The enhancements contained in EZContentManager 3.4.0 further extend the user convenience and overall effectiveness of the solution."
Key enhancements in EZContentManager 3.4.0 include, among others:
- Auto linking feature – automatically applies virtual links to batch documents being imported via certain criteria such as metadata
- Enhanced Import Utility – includes the ability to copy jobs, resize windows; establishes a more user friendly path structure
- Wildcard searches are now available in all fields
- Automated retention policy, including a "move" function that eliminates the need to copy and paste
- Preview document option in the Process Manager screen, eliminating need to download documents to view them
- Web-based scanning utility for simple scan; requires manual input of metadata, but provides quick execution of one/two-item scans
"Web technology brings extraordinary latitude to the management of corporate documents of all types, and ACOM continues to exploit it to the fullest extent possible," Firmin said.
Current users of earlier versions of EZContentManager under maintenance contracts can upgrade to Version 3.4.0 by requesting a CD through
About ACOM Solutions, Inc.
Now in its 25th year of business, ACOM Solutions, Inc. develops modular software systems for document output, document management, secure corporate payments, and B2B EDI/XML e-commerce applications, marketing them domestically and through overseas partners. Corporate headquarters are in Long Beach, California; System i Software Division headquarters are in Duluth, Georgia; and regional offices are located in several major U.S. cities. For more information visit
SOURCE: ACOM Solutions, Inc.