The SAM R30 from Microchip is an ultra-low power microcontroller (MCU) System in Package (SiP) with an included IEEE 802.15.4 compliant radio to be used for the 780 MHz (China), 868 MHz (Europe), and 915 MHz (North America) sub-GHz frequency bands.
With the ability to operate throughout the 769 – 935 MHz range, the SAM SiP delivers the flexibility to implement point-to-point, star, or mesh networks. The device features a 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M0+ processor and offers 256 KB of Flash and 40 KB of SRAM (8 KB battery backed) in as small as a 5×5 mm QFN32 package. Ideal applications include the connected home, smart city, street lighting, solar farms, and other industrial applications.
Additional key features and benefits include:
- icoPower® architecture with four power domains
- Plenty of room for application code and the networking stack
- Fast wake up and network connect
- Ultra-low power sleep modes
- Compatible with Microchip's free MiWi™ point-to-point/star network protocol stack
For more features, benefits, and specifications on the SAM R30 MCU, contact Microchip or visit the webpage.