For operations where low shear and high product integrity are required, no other technology performs as well as the patented venturi system used by the ILC Dover Jet Solutions JetMixer™.
- Rapid mixing
- Virtually no shear forces exerted on the powder and insignificant product heating, so the powder’s properties are preserved
- Small footprint and mobile design makes it easy to use one system for several processes
The JetMixer™ offers an array of advantages over competitive systems like the Tri-blender. These include:
- Particle-by-particle introduction of powder via strong vacuum, to keep things moving smoothly
- Efficient powder delivery at viscosities from 1cP to 20,000cP
- Complete dissolution of powder, without clumping
- Very low energy consumption
- Can be operated at floor level for improved ergonomics and better worker safety
- Design makes it easy to meet WIP/CIP (wash-in-place)/(clean-in-place) requirements
- Facile handling of viscous solutions
Versatile System Design Accommodates a Wide Variety of Applications
In addition to the standard compact, mobile and fixed, skid-mounted forms, the JetMixer™ can be easily configured to conform to dust-free or highly contained process environments, can be supplied with components fully compatible with nitrogen blanketing and other inert-gas protection protocols, and jacketing suitable for heating or cooling, depending on process requirements
- Mixing Media and Buffer
- On-Demand Film Coating of pills
Patented venturi/nozzle system makes the difference
The patented Jet Solutions nozzle system creates a flat accelerated jet that draws a surprising amount of powder into the liquid stream, without introducing clumping, shearing or heating. The hopper system and constant level of venturi-generated vacuum assure particle-by-particle induction and mixing, even with high-viscosity fluids. The system works equally well for mixing solid suspensions into liquids or for liquid-liquid mixing. In all cases, the components are uniformly mixed to form a homogeneous fluid.
Simple system components keep maintenance and operating costs low
The JetMixer™ consists of a few cleverly designed, elegantly simple components. A lobe-type, positive-displacement pump typically provides the driving force needed for operation. With its one moving part, the pump remains easy to clean, simple to maintain and long-lived. Energy consumption is also low, which helps keep operating costs under control.
The venturi system and mixing chamber contain no moving parts, while featuring smooth, polished flow channels and a lack of crevices, edges or other impediments to WIP/CIP operations. Its inherently smooth geometry makes the system particularly suited for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical processes where CIP is a must and cross-contamination can imperil large amounts of high-value product.
The ILC Dover Jet Solutions JetMixer™ can handle operating viscosities ranging from 1 cP to 20,000 cP. At the same time, the all-stainless-steel system is robust, capable of operating at very low vacuum and process temperatures to 70°C (158°F).
Auxiliary equipment available for tough applications
Where powders to be mixed tend to clump or aggregate, ILC Dover offers its Jetbreaker homogenizers that can be used for delumping powders and for continuously agitating the hopper to improve flow rate and normalize injector feeding.