F&N Dairies was established in 1883 in Southeast Asia, and has become one of the F&B giants in the region, producing more than 24 million cases a year.
- To enable the dairy to achieve quality track and traceability
- To facilitate connectivity of plant operations with the plant's industrial automation devices, computers and laboratory measuring instruments.
- To reduce the total cost of ownership of the overall solution by enabling easy upgrades of systems across the enterprise.
- When quality parameter deviations were detected, the operators had to manually trace the information in the archived, paper-based operations sheets to determine the root cause, which took a tremendous about of time.
- The plant achieved production goal of 2,500 cans a minute = 3 million cans a day = 24 million cases a year
- It reduced quality traceability time from 4 hours to only 1 minute
- The manufacturing facility achieved its return on investment within one year
- The plant achieved "100% First-Time Quality," a lean metric that indicates what parts are manufactured correctly the first time without need for inspection, rework or replacement.