The almost perfectly spherical and highly textured shape enables better filter hydraulics, improved flow distribution, and more consistent filter bed interstitial spacing (resulting in improved hydrodynamics). Ceraflow-70 is our finest mesh media, with effective ranges from 0.15-0.25mm (60-80 mesh).
Ceraflow is ideal for all high rate pressure filtration applications, especially when requiring a small footprint. It is also ideal for aesthetic contaminants such as iron, manganese, health related contaminants such as cryptosporidium and arsenic, or for colloidal turbidity at high flow rates.
- Treating highly contaminated, coagulated, or uncoagulated water.
- High flow rate surface and/or groundwater pressure filtration systems.
- Use in the harshest industrial, commercial, or municipal settings.
- Turning highly contaminated water into clean water suitable for drinking and/or environmentally safe effluent.
- Whenever it is too difficult or cost-prohibitive to replace your filtration media on a regular short-term basis.
- Ceraflow is typically packaged in 20 ft3 (0.56 M3) bulk bags.
- Other packaging options for bulk orders may be available upon request.
- Can be coated with all types of oxides for filtering metals and other particulates.
- Can be paired with Ceracap (Low-density Anthracite Capping material) for dual media filter applications, or in cases where highly variable feed water quality or intermittent spikes of high solids may occur.
- Effective size ranges from 0.15 -0.25 mm (60-80 mesh).
- Uniformity Coefficient < 1.4 (typically < 1.3).
- Surface pore sizes in the 1-40 micron range.
- Design flow rates are in the 8.0 – 10.0 gpm/ft2 range (26 – 33 m3/m2) and backwash rates are slightly less than service flow rates.
- Ideal for 3 – 5 micron filtration applications such as cryptosporidium, Giardia Lamblia and colloid removal in high rate pressure filter designs.
- NSF/ANSI-61 Certified.