The Aclara sewer monitoring solution leverages our industry-leading RF network to provide near real-time monitoring of manholes and other key sewer locations. Whether used for early warning of overflows, informing maintenance schedules, compliance reporting, or deeper analytics (such as capacity modeling and performance reporting) the sewer monitoring solution is easy to install, reliable, low-maintenance, and integrated into your AMI environment.
The sewer monitoring solution will effortlessly and remotely monitor the state of your sewer system to prevent dry-weather overflows through early warning, manage your maintenance more efficiently, and track the state and performance of your sewer system during wet weather events. Generate reports of sewer performance before, during, and after a weather event and overlay those reports with other data (such as rainfall amounts) to comply with EPA reporting requirements.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Available in two configurations: level alarm for SSO/CSO warning, or level monitoring for tracking system efficiency and cleaning/maintenance effectiveness
- Use manhole level trends over time to determine when a manhole is showing signs of decreased flow capacity –triggering a need for a clean out
- Overlay water consumption data over a sewer level vs. time report to separate normal waste water generation from Inflow and Infiltration storm water effects
- Choose one or two float switches in the alarm configuration to be set at different depths for yellow and red alerts
- Four user-configurable alert level thresholds give maximum flexibility of operation, with each threshold configurable both to send an immediate alert to the head-end and/or trigger the Sensor Transmission Unit (SRU) to enter an “event mode” operation state
- Event mode allows the STU to operate at different settings (like reading/ transmitting more often) to give a more precise and timely view into out-of-the- ordinary operating conditions
- Targeted software modules at the head-end (GIS map of the location and state of each monitor, summary charts showing level vs. time) make analyzing and determining collection system performance a snap
- Alerts generated by float switches or level thresholds can trigger email or SMS text notifications to designated recipients for immediate notification and response