Stellent Introduces Version 7.6 Of Its Sarbanes-Oxley Solution
Stellent, Inc. (Nasdaq: STEL), a global provider of content management solutions, announced today the release of version 7.6 of the Stellent® Sarbanes-Oxley Solution, designed to help companies streamline their 404 and 302 processes for complying with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
The Stellent Sarbanes-Oxley Solution version 7.6 further simplifies global enterprise compliance with enhancements to the application's shared component and process libraries, language and localization capabilities, internal audit testing and management assessment processes, and configuration features. The new features in version 7.6 are market- and customer-driven enhancements designed to increase efficiency, speed implementations and improve ease-of-use in organizations striving to meet the complexities of global compliance legislation. The functionality was designed with input on the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process from Protiviti Inc., a leading internal audit and business and technology risk consulting firm, with whom Stellent holds a strategic integration and consulting agreement.
"Companies worldwide have been working hard to meet the requirements of the Sarbanes-Oxley legislation," said Simon Wiltshire, vice president of product marketing for compliance solutions at Stellent. "Those companies registered with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) must naturally comply, whether their headquarters are based in the United States or abroad. Countries such as Canada and Japan are setting financial reporting standards very similar to Sarbanes-Oxley. In the European Union, the process of convergence is bringing United States and European Union regulatory and disclosure regimes closer together. Many other countries also have modified their corporate governance and transparency rules following high-profile corporate scandals."
"With Sarbanes-Oxley taking on global dimensions, version 7.6 sets the bar for accelerated compliance across multiple locations and languages," Wiltshire said. "Distributed access allows processes and controls to be more efficiently defined and executed by individual business units, and the overall time for testing and certification of controls to be greatly reduced."
"As we emerge from the first wave of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance efforts, our clients are recognizing the value and importance of a broader approach to compliance that leverages content management, business process management and enterprise technologies, in addition to process and execution experience," said Dan Ryan, chief operations officer for Stellent. "Our approach to solving these problems is increasingly ratified by our clients and industry analysts alike."
Specific additions to version 7.6 of the Stellent Sarbanes-Oxley Solution include:
- Enhanced master component library - provides the ability to store multiple libraries of controls, risks, assertions and attachments for centralized maintenance of shared components with local variances where needed.
- Enhanced master process library - a set of processes that can be managed centrally while allowing local variances as necessary.
- Internationalization - locale setting is available on the end user's browser or can be overridden by determining a user preference. Available languages include Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese and Spanish.
- Selective control testing - allows auditors to select a set of controls that may span multiple processes; create tests to be performed at the local organizational level; and bring forward select information from previous test results for use within current tests.
- Parallel testing by control owner - ability to assign owners at the control level for managing control specific documentation and control owner assessments. Parallel workflow streamlines the assessment process by distributing activities.
- Enhanced configuration administration tool - makes adding users, setting security, adding or changing field attributes, and changing field labels effortless.
Stellent provides comprehensive solutions to help organizations of all sizes execute, control and monitor governance, risk and compliance (GRC) programs. Based on its award-winning content management, workflow and business process management technologies, Stellent's GRC solutions - including its Stellent Sarbanes-Oxley Solution application - dramatically improve the efficiency of GRC initiatives ranging from executive monitoring to day-to-day operational risk management. These solutions also help companies manage GRC efforts associated with meeting the requirements of regulations and disclosures such as the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filings, ISO, Basel II, the USA Patriot Act, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). For more information about Stellent's GRC solutions, call 1-800-989-8774 or visit www.stellent.com/en/solutions/grc.
About Stellent, Inc.
Stellent, Inc. (www.stellent.com) is a global provider of content management software solutions that drive rapid success for customers by enabling fast implementations and generating quick, broad user adoption. With Stellent Universal Content Management, customers can easily deploy multiple line-of-business applications - such as public Web sites, secure intranets and extranets, compliance processes, and marketing brand management - and also scale the technology to support multi-site management and enterprise-wide content management needs.
More than 4,500 customers worldwide - including Procter & Gamble, Merrill Lynch, Los Angeles County, The Home Depot, British Red Cross, ING, Vodafone, Georgia Pacific, Bayer Corp., Coca-Cola FEMSA and Genzyme Corp. - have selected Stellent solutions to power their content-centric business applications. Stellent is headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minn. and maintains offices throughout the United States, Europe and Asia-Pacific.