Plustek Launches Portable USB-Powered Document Management Scanner That Scans To The Cloud
Plustek Technology Inc., a manufacturer of consumer, prosumer and professional imaging devices, announced recently the launch of its new MobileOffice S410 portable USB-powered scanner.
"Designed with the reliability demanded by business users, and a price point attractive to home users, the USB powered MobileOffice S410 scanner and document management solution converts paper documents, rigid embossed cards, expense reports, business cards and more to searchable PDF with the touch of a button in six pages per minute," said Mark Druziak, Plustek's director of marketing and business development.
The MobileOffice S410 can scan documents to Evernote and photos to Google Picasa by simply pressing a button. The included document management and Optical Character Recognition software suite allows for easy scanning and management of documents. DocAction single touch scanning and industry standard TWAIN drivers ensure compatibility with thousands of scanning and imaging programs including: document management, healthcare electronic medical records, financial, and thousands of other image enabled applications.
The built in automatic image processing enables the scanning of mixed sized documents with no adjustments. Images are automatically straightened, rotated and adjusted for exposure. The result is more accurate Optical Character Recognition (OCR) and Business Card Recognition (BCR) which allows for fewer pages that need to be rescanned.
- USB powered mobile scanner with simplex scanning in color, grayscale or black and white.
- Scan to Evernote and Google Picasa.
- Bundled with document management, OCR, BCR and imaging applications.
- Six pages per minute scan speed (nine seconds a page for color, 300 dpi, A4).
- Supports scans to searchable PDF.
- Scan rigid embossed cards such as licenses, insurance cards, membership cards, credit cards, etc.
- Two single-touch buttons automates frequent scanning jobs.
- Advanced image enhancement to automatically straighten and rotate pages, adjust brightness, and crop images to minimize file size and increase OCR / BCR accuracy.
- Software productivity suite enables PDF, Microsoft Office, JPG / TIF creation and management.
- Includes Abbyy Finereader Sprint and Hotcard BizCard Finder.
- TWAIN and WIA drivers
All Plustek products can be purchased from authorized resellers, DMRs, VARs, and distributors NewWave Technologies, Ingram Micro and D&H. Additional product information and photos can be found by visiting, http://plustek.com/usa/products/mobile-office-series/mobileoffice-s410/introduction.html.
Respected as one of the world's leading image solution providers, Plustek manufactures and delivers high-quality scanners and other imaging products to buyers worldwide, reaching millions of consumers. In business since 1986, Plustek began as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) for many large companies, creating an innovative array of products including: scanners, IP cameras, servers and imaging-related devices. Through a combination of design innovation and strict attention to usability and manufacturing quality, Plustek has grown to become one of the largest image solution providers in the world. In addition to supporting its sales offices worldwide, Plustek's state of the art factories and offices are able to provide just-in-time manufacturing and engineering expertise on a contract basis. This combination of skill sets allows Plustek to introduce outstanding new products to the market with superior design, support and with unrivaled after-sales support and service. For more information, visit www.plustek.com/usa.
SOURCE: Plustek Technology